As a part of our RATIO unit students investigated the ratio of sugar in a variety of sodas. We were pretty alarmed at how high the sugar content was so we investigated some of the harmful effects of consuming too much sugar. This lead to the students working in teams to create a math based video that presents a recommendation of what the government could do in order to reduce soda consumption in Singapore.
While doing this project, I learned a lot of shocking facts about soda and how to work with a group better than I could before. Working with a group was harder than I thought because it was really hard to convince my group to use my ideas. Trying to sell my ideas to my group was good practice, since a am not very good at sales. I enjoyed filming, because we had a plan and everything seemed calmer. This project has helped me realise that math is important to prove your point and become more successful in the real world.
I can relate to this, because I also did this project. I can understand how it is hard to work in a group sometimes, too. I think that the video could have been a little bit more detailed in some areas. But overall I think you and your group did a really awesome job!
ReplyDelete-Sophia