Saturday, 6 September 2014

What Hope Is There For Me?

           One of my strengths is that I am creative. Good ideas just come to me. They take their time, but they are almost always worth waiting for. Another strength I have is being thoughtful. This ties with me being quiet and creative. I don't talk often. Most of the time I am thinking. But when I do talk I try to say meaningful or useful things. My last strength is that I am patient when I have a lot of time. I once tied 50 small balloons to a mailbox to replace my cousin's giant 7 ballon that had floated away earlier.
           I can use my strengths to my advantage by doing activities where I need my strengths. For example I made use my creativity by signing up for art. I use my patience to do nice things for others and I use my thoughtfulness to help my group during group work.
           There are a lot of things that I would like to change about myself. I don't like that I am quiet, but if I were to change that about myself then my thoughtfulness would go away with it. I guess if I were to change myself I would want to change how I am always stressed, because I hate the feeling. Another thing I would want to change is my patience. I would like to improve it. Instead of being patient only when I have the time, I would like to be patient when I'm running out of time as well. 
           To make those changes happen I will need to relax a little. I need to make time and do at least one thing i have been wanting to do. And when something I can't help goes really wrong, I will take a deep breath and remember that it's not the end of the world.
           There is a lot of hope for me to change. I am already changing. People are changing all the time. But changing into what I want to be depends on me. I have to make the changes I want to see. And I will.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I want you to consider something: what are you feeling when you write? not thinking, but FEELING? and what do you want the Reader to be feeling? Your work is solid, but your craft/tone is what's holding it back from being sensational. All writing (even an essay for social studies class) should have tone...you should always put "feeling" into the minds of your reader. This can be humor, sadness, pain, joy...anything, really. But it won't get there by accident. it's up to the writer, you, to put it there. So, when you work on your summative piece, keep at the front of your mind the feelings that you want us to feel...it'll make it all so much more impactful.

    ReplyDelete