One of my grandmother's hobbies is scrap booking. When ever I went over to her house I loved to look at all of the scrapbooks she made and her future projects. When we moved to Singapore I decided to make a scrapbook of all my travels. I liked making scrapbooks so much I started making more. Then scrap booking became one of my hobbies. I keep my scrapbooks because they they have so many great memories inside of them and look through them always makes me smile. They are like a portfolio of all the special events in my life.
I started a folder to hold all of my certificates and medals. I keep that folder of my certificates and medals so that every once and a while I can look back on them and see what I have achieved. Doing that inspires me to work harder so I can get more medals and certificates. I also keep them because it feels wrong to throw out all of my hard work.
All my life I've wished that I had something that used to belong to one of my ancestors. I have a lamp and vase from my late aunt, but they're still very modern. One day my family and I found antique shop. I don't usually like antique shops because they smell like really bad, like my grandparent's house. But I love looking at the jewellery sections. When walking through that antique shop I found a bunch of rings. I thought back to how I always wanted something like this. So I decided I would buy one. I found one that represented me. It had a red stone for my birthstone and was a silver ring. It was bent in one part, but I liked that about it. I brought it to the cash register and I brought it home. I keep this ring because so someday I could pass it down to my daughters and granddaughters so that I could give the feeling I had always wanted to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment