What does wellness mean to you?
Wellness to me is being in a healthy state or condition. It is being physically active and having healthy eating habits. It is also being mentally healthy.
|
Which habit of 54321+8 is your strength? Why? (Review your earlier blog post)
4 glasses of water a day is my strength, because often I drink a lot of water without knowing it or I am just really thirsty.
|
Which habit do you need to continue to improve on?
I need to improve on getting 8 hours of sleep. Although I am doing okay at this right now, if I continue to ignore my body’s needs and continue homework it could become a big problem.
|
How physically active have you been this year on a weekly basis? Share as many things that you can remember.
A lot more than usual. I have been taking part in more activities than I used to and we have pe more often than in 5th grade.
|
What is your strongest area of physical fitness? (strength, flexibility, cardio respiratory endurance) Which are do you need to work on?
My strongest area of physical fitness in cardio respiratory endurance, because I started at the grade level and continued to improve.
|
Why do you think being physically active is important?
It will keep you healthier and when you are healthy you live longer. When you are physically active you can also do more things.
|
How well do you eat ‘MyPlate’ 3 meals a day?
I eat better than most people. I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, but I should work on drinking less soda.
|
What is your food goal? (Review your earlier blog post) Did you achieve your “food goal” or do you need to continue to work on it?
My food goal is to eat more protein and drink less soda.
|
How stressed have you been this semester?
I have been a lot more than last year.
|
What two strategies work best for you to reduce stress?
My first strategy is make a plan. If I have a plan I feel like the problem will work out better. My second strategy is to take deep breaths. I don’t know why it works, but it makes my mind feel fresh.
|
What do you do on a daily basis to promote wellness?
I try to avoid unhealthy food and find ways to eat healthier.
|
Thursday, 15 May 2014
Wellness Reflection
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment