- Number of children each person is allowed to have. In some countries like China the population was increasing too much so they created a policy called the One-child policy. The One Child Policy is a policy which only allows each couple to have one child or none. In other countries like Singapore the population is decreasing by too much so the government tries to promote having children by paying people that do. I might not get much choice in how much children I have depending on weather the population of the country I'm living in is increasing or decreasing.
- Resources. The population is growing while the number of recourses in the world is staying the same. The more people there are, the less recourses there is for each person. This could cause the cost of some things to go up because the less there is more the valuable it becomes. This will be more of a problem in the future.
- Businesses. In a developing country there would be more businesses selling products related to young people because there are more young people in the country that can buy their country. In a country that has negative growth there would be more older people than younger people and there would be more businesses there related to older people. This could affect what I work for and how successful that business is.
- Developed countries. In developed countries more people want to work rather than have children and take care of the elders. Since family wont take care of the elders the government will have to instead. More countries are becoming developed and most will be by 2100. I will probably live in a developed country with a lot of middle aged people working, not a lot of children and a lot of elders. I also might decide to work instead of having a lot of children.

Sources
http://www.indexmundi.com/japan/age_structure.html
http://www.indexmundi.com/china/age_structure.html

No comments:
Post a Comment