I was sitting at the breakfast table in my grandparent’s house feeling very relaxed. Everything was over. The chaos with my cousins and the awful car ride. My birthday was also over. That thought reminded me about something, I still had one more present to go.
A little while later, my grandparents remembered too. A beautiful bag was placed right in front of me. The gift bag had all my favorite colors on it. The mystery gift was under the green tissue paper, waiting to be lifted out of the bag. With a ton of excitement, I first picked out a small box. I knew what it was immediately. It was obvious. I opened the box and saw 1 pair of earrings, shimmering in the light (They became my favorite later on). I was getting ready to leave when I realized there had to be something more in a gift bag that big. Finally, I thought, the moment I had been waiting for, my special last gift is...Quilling Set?
What’s a quilling set? Why does this have to be my special last gift? I don’t need even more projects hanging in my room. Of course, I didn’t actually say that. Instead I smiled and said thank you. Since I had know idea what quilling was, my grandma started telling me what it was. At first I only thought about how boring this would be and what better things I could be doing, but later, when I started to pay attention, and I didn’t think It was as bad as I thought it was. In fact, I was actually starting to like it! When my grandma was done, I took out my small quilling book and gave it a try.
So my last gift turned out to be special after all, and I learned a valuable lesson. I should never judge something until I try it. You know what they say, you never know unless you try.
What new thing will you try?
No comments:
Post a Comment